Cat Bay Halong Bay
Cat Ba is an area into the Cat Ba Archipelago of Vietnam's Ha Long Bay.
Cat Ba may be the largest area in Bay and approximately half of its location is covered by a nationwide Park, which can be house on very jeopardized Cat Ba langur. This golden-headed langur is seldom seen, as under 60 specimens are believed to endure in the open, even though it is the topic of a well-organised preservation programme; the Cat Ba Langur Conservation system, a worldwide NGO that includes its office on National Park Head Quarters. The Park addresses both land and marine areas and it has a top biodiversity, although it are at danger from also fast a rise in tourism. Various other mammals in Park feature civet kitties and oriental giant squirrels.
Outside of Cat Ba city is a lovely area with much to explore.
Please view the Halong and Ha extended Bay pages also.
The vast majority of men and women simply take a pre-booked tour from Hanoi on a tourist watercraft, though this really is most likely the slowest, the very least flexible and a somewhat expensive option to visit Cat Ba and really should be averted without exceptions unless you particularly want to be secured on a visitor ship for five hours while becoming given the difficult offer and overcharged when it comes to most minimal of refreshments.
It's cheaper and much more versatile to come both on a non tourist ship at Halong City or via Haiphong. BEWARE! Luong Yen Bus Station is closed because the start of August 2016. The Hoang longer Bus business today will leave from another coach station, ca. 10 km south for the old quarter. Title of the coach place is Bến xe Nước ngầm (Ngọc Hồi, Hoàng Liệt, Hoàng Mai, Hà Nội). An Uber through the old one-fourth costs around 80, 000 VND. The bus schedule continues to be exactly the same. (Mid August, 2016) If originating from Hanoi, it is possible to simply take a direct, combined bus/boat trip from Luong Yen coach Station (not longer functioning s.a.) at 5:20, 7:20, 11:20, and 13:20 with Hoang longer bus business, which takes 4.5 hours (compare: 5 hours for a slow traveler ship just to get from Halong City to Cat Ba's northern interface!) and costs 190, 000 - 250, 000 VND (US$9-$12) according to season. 250, 000 VND in August 2016. (a return violation from Cat Ba can also be 250, 000 VND) The bus falls you down right on the waterfront in Cat Ba.
From Haiphong: there was a rate boat performing the journey a few time per day (the past one around 16:00) from Phà Binh harbour. It costs 150, 000 VND (Oct 2015), but the locals spend 110, 000 when it comes to same ride. The purchase price is written on solution however some folks sell untrue passes with written 180, 000 in addition they say the price had been 150, 000 a year ago or last thirty days! In the event that ship arrive in Phù longer, they are able to also state that 180, 000 include the coach from Phù longer to Cat Ba... but it's additionally contained in the 150, 000 VND admission: vessel and bus cannot be split... oahu is the same company.
From Hanoi via Ha Long
- Mini coach from Gia Lam (Hanoi) to Bai Chay (Ha longer). Passes tend to be purchased at the pass countertop for 120, 000 dong. The trip takes 4 to 5 time with all the coach preventing to pick up individuals along the way. In case your bus departs Hanoi later after that 10:00am it is unlikely that you will succeed to Ha Long in time to catch the final ferry to Cat Ba at 3:00pm. Note: City coach number 34 goes to Gia Lam for 5, 000 dong through the after coach prevents: Van Mieu, Hai Ba Trung, Nha Hat Ion, Bac Co, Chuong Duong. Be sure to wait for the bus on the side of road where the traffic is flowing east or north. Otherwise you may find yourself on an extended than meant ride all over city. Do not try to board coach #34 from Dien Bien Phu. The coach will run to the end of the line in the opposing path before switching around and eventually making it to Gia Lam making just what is a quick travel a-two hour ordeal. [Sep 2013]
- From Bai Chay to Ha Long City/Tourist Wharf a motorbike taxi should cost 10, 000 to 20, 000 dong.
- From Bai Chay to Tuan Chau Wharf a motorbike taxi should cost 20, 000 to 30, 000 dong.
- From Ha extended City to Tuan Chau Wharf a motorbike taxi should price 20, 000 to 30, 000 dong.
- A taxi to any among these locations could possibly be above double.
Cat Ba/Tuan Chau Ferry takes 60 minutes and costs 70, 000 or 90, 000 with a motorbike. [May 2015]
- Tuan Chau to Cat Ba 7:30 9:00 11:30 1:30 3:00
- Cat Ba to Tuan Chau 9:00 11:30 1:00 3:00 4:00
The solution depends upon need. Very first and final ferry of a-day will usually get. Cat Ba minibus from ferry terminal, that will be in the north of this island, actually leaves towards the main city to the south after each ferry and takes around thirty minutes costing 20, 000. [Sep 2013]
Tour ships leave from Tourist Wharf in Ha longer and take 4 hours. Route #1 as listed above the ticket counter costs 80, 000. These arrive at the primary city south. [Sep 2013]
From Hanoi via Haiphong
- Train from lengthy Bien (Hanoi) to Hai Phong expense is 70, 000 (Oct 2015). Trains leave very long Bien at 9:20am, 3:30pm and 6:10pm. You may want to begin at Gia Lam and head to extended Biên from there. The trains leave Gia Lam at 6:15am, 9:36am, 3:45pm and 6:30pm. (September 2014.) Addititionally there is a train from main Hanoi railway section, 6:00am only.
- Motorbike Taxi from Hai Phong to Pha Binh (ferry terminal)
- Coach from Luong Yen (Hanoi) to Tam Bac (Hai Phong) 70, 000
- Motorbike Taxi from Tam Bac to Pha Binh (ferry terminal)
- Bus from Gia Lam (Hanoi) to Niem Nghia (Hai Phong) 65, 000
- Motorbike Taxi from Niem Nghia to Pha Binh (ferry terminal)
- Coach from Gia Lam (Hanoi) to Cau Rao (Hai Phong) 65, 000