Interesting Facts about the Great Barrier Reef
The iconic Great Barrier Reef is one of Australia’s many impressive natural landmarks, and undoubtedly the seven marvels of this normal globe!
Due to its natural beauty, the fantastic Barrier Reef attracts tourists from everywhere who want to encounter this incredible destination first-hand. The reef is made up of over 3000 specific reef systems, coral cays, gorgeous exotic countries and picturesque golden beaches.
Below are some interesting facts and statistics about the magical Great Barrier Reef.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the biggest residing thing on Earth and is noticeable from space!
- This incredible eco-system is 2, 300km long.
- You can find huge number of reefs and countless countries.
- There are 600 kinds of tough and smooth coral.
- This impressive reef hosts countless types including 6 species of turtles, 215 species of birds, 17 species of water snakes and more than 1, 500 species of fish!
- 10percent for the worlds total seafood species can be seen simply inside the Great Barrier Reef.
- The fantastic Barrier Reef lures over 2, 000, 000 site visitors annually!
- How old could be the Great Barrier Reef? Its considered just as much as 20, 000, 000 yrs . old!
- The truly amazing Barrier Reef is better is size than Tasmania and Victoria blended!
- The Great Barrier Reef is the size of 70 million baseball fields…. WOW!